Mild, Medium, & Spicy

Hey, y'all!

It's been a little minute, but that's ok!  This will be quick.

In math, students have to get some solid practice.  They just need exposure to the concept.  In the past, I've done levels 1, 2, and 3.  Students could do practice problems from each level.  They knew that level 2 was the goal and level 3 was the challenge.  

Last year, another math teacher at my school explained how he did mild, medium, and spicy.

I watched a Zoom call with Peter Liljedahl (maybe 2 weeks ago), and he explained how he also used mild, medium, and spicy.

I tried it in class with my 8th grade algebra 1 students.  They LOVED it.  They were in groups of 3 and each group was working on the same problem at the same time.  I provided the answers for them so they immediately knew if they were correct or not.  Some of them immediately tried the spicy problems while others worked their way through each level.  They really enjoyed it and worked really hard.

I'm trying it with my 8th grade math students later this week.  We'll see how it goes.


Until next time,

Cononiah W.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grouping Cards

First Day of School